Coffee Break Travel was nominated for a Liebster Award! For the uninitiated, the Liebster Award has been around the blogosphere since the dawn of time (I did one for French Toast Sunday back in 2012 that you can read here.) The award acts as a fun get to know you questionnaire – what better way to get out there with this new blog than to share some answers with you!
Thanks to Like A Lady for the nomination!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award with a link back to his or her blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers of your own, with under 1,000 followers or more if they haven’t already done a Liebster, who you think deserve it.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
- List these rules in your post.
What’s one thing you always pack and why?
I guess there are plenty of obvious answers for this (undies, toothbrush) but I’ll say a jacket. It doesn’t really matter what climate it is, I always take some type of cardigan or hoodie or jacket because I’m one of those annoying people that’s always cold.
What are your 3 favorite places in the world?
That I have already visited or want to? The fun answer is for me to go with where I’ve never been so I’ll say Scotland, Australia & Italy. Super specific, I know.
What’s the funniest thing that has happened to you while traveling?
Connecting flights are always a bitch. One time, Jason & I had about 10 minutes to board a plane from the completely opposite side of the airport so we booked it, and by that I mean ran the whole way there. Right when we were getting off the plane I limbo-ed under two of the roped off airport stanchions and when Jason tried to repeat this maneuver he knocked all of them down with his backpack. When we finally got to our terminal for boarding we learned that the plane had been delayed for another 20 minutes.
What’s the worst thing that has happened to you while traveling?
Nothing too terrible. Once, on a flight back home the plane experienced some pretty intense turbulence about 15 minutes before we were able to land and it made me queasy. I’m not a fan of airplane bathrooms so I was trying to keep my cool until we landed. Then the guy directly behind me started spewing chunks. So, it was rather unpleasant.
What’s the next place you’re most excited to go to?
Europe! I’m excited to see all the places we’re visiting and meet up with friends.
What inspired you to start traveling?
I guess I’ve always enjoyed the idea of it. It was just a matter of making a move to get out there. My philosophy on life in general is that this planet is all we will ever know. There are so many places to see and experiences to have that it seems silly to not want to get the most you can out of what you’ve been given the chance to explore. Also, food. I love food.
What are your favorite movies about travel?
Great question! This is the topic of a podcast I’m doing on my other site in a few weeks’ time. There are a lot of films that make me want to travel (The Talented Mr. Ripley is a great example) but my favorite film specifically about travel is Planes, Trains & Automobiles. A John Hughes film starring Steve Martin & John Candy is all you need to know.
Cities or countryside?
Cities – 100%
What’s the weirdest thing in your suitcase?
Hmmm, Coffee Scented Soap?
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
This is a tough question that I’m still trying to figure out the answer to. I guess ideally, it would be great to have property in different cities and split my time. I do love Baltimore, though. It is one of the weirdest cities around and I love every strange bit of it.
The Next Nominees:
- When and why did you start blogging?
- What is your biggest travel pet peeve/annoyance?
- What do you think is an underrated city/travel destination?
- Besides acquiring the necessary dollar dollar bills, what’s the hardest part about travelling often?
- What is one piece of advice you have for aspiring travel bloggers?
- Are you a planner or are you spontaneous?
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
- Do you have any cool skills? Any skills you wish you had?
- What is something odd that fascinates you?
- What is something you wish you could travel with but it’s too impractical to take most places?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever ate while travelling?