Eye Spy

PHOTOS: Street Art in Richmond, VA

Late last summer, Jason, Jason’s sister and I stopped off to Richmond, VA on our way down to Top Sail Island, NC. We spent the day seeing the sights, eating donuts and snapping photos of all of the amazing street art in Richmond. Take a look!

Every block in Carytown in downtown Richmond has beautiful vibrant art drenching the concrete and brick open spaces. Here’s a look at some of my favorites:

street art in Richmond -VA-03

street art in Richmond -VA-13

street art in Richmond -VA-15

street art in Richmond -VA-16

street art in Richmond -VA-02

Passing by West Cary Street, we were immediately bombarded with the awesome displays from the previous RVA Street Art Festival that covered walls at the former bus depot. Here’s a look at what we were able to capture with our camera. (And don’t forget to click on the photos to enlarge!)

street art in Richmond -VA-17

street art in Richmond -VA-18

street art in Richmond -VA-19

street art in Richmond -VA-20

street art in Richmond -VA-21

street art in Richmond -VA-22

street art in Richmond -VA-23

street art in Richmond -VA-24

street art in Richmond -VA-25

street art in Richmond -VA-26

street art in Richmond -VA-27

This Few & Far piece was so gorgeous. I had to photograph it in two pieces.

street art in Richmond -VA-28

street art in Richmond -VA-29

street art in Richmond -VA-30

street art in Richmond -VA-31

This installation with the bold colors and geometric patterns was my favorite. I loved the way it spilled into the ground and demanded your eye line up towards the action in the center.

street art in Richmond -VA-32

But this long-limbed wizard was a close second for me.

street art in Richmond -VA-33

street art in Richmond -VA-34

street art in Richmond -VA-35

We have more to come from our trip to Richmond so if you liked this then be sure to keep an eye out for future recap posts. I can’t wait to go back and drink more coffee soon!

Have you ever been to Richmond?

Make sure to comment with your own recommendations!

& click here for more trip recap posts !

MummyTravels

SIGN UP FOR FREE UPDATES FROM ALSO COFFEE.

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

Urska - Slovenian girl abroad
    June 29, 2016 at 7:16 am

Wow, some of that street art is really cool! #citytripping

Lindsay
      June 29, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Yeah it was a surprise too! I didn’t read much about it before going so I was excited block after block!

Ruth
    June 30, 2016 at 1:02 am

Wow! This is great. A visit to the East cost is long overdue for me. So many interesting places.

Lindsay
      June 30, 2016 at 8:36 am

Absolutely. I didn’t spend a lot of time in the town (just stopped off for donuts + coffee) but I’m looking forward to going back and checking out some restaurants soon.

Amy Trumpeter
    July 1, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Wow they’re brilliant! No, I’ve never been to Richmond.

Lindsay
      July 2, 2016 at 1:37 pm

It’s definitely a city that deserves more attention. It has a lot of beauty, outdoor activities and shops to explore. It feels like a city that would be really nice to explore solo.

Polly
    July 1, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Having grown up in Virginia, it’s so lovely to see people excited about Richmond and all the great stuff it has to offer. Honestly, even a few years ago it wasn’t really like that!

Lindsay
      July 2, 2016 at 1:38 pm

That’s awesome! Yeah I hadn’t really heard much about Richmond but wanted to stop off for donuts on a trip we were taking further south. I really fell in love with it!

Grey World Nomads
    July 2, 2016 at 3:47 am

I love street art. It’s stunning what a talent is out there and how much devotion! #CityTripping

Lindsay
      July 2, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Yesss. I think I also just love that it feels so pure and inspired. Not to knock on museums or anything but it’s a special feeling when it’s on display so publicly. I also love when it’s just tucked around a corner and totally unexpected.

Cathy (MummyTravels)
    July 2, 2016 at 10:36 am

What amazing colours – I love the variety of styles as well, must have been amazing to wander around and take photos too. A great look at a city I don’t know much about at all. #citytripping

Lindsay
      July 2, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Absolutely! If you’re ever in the area it’s definitely worth a stop.

Elizabeth (Wander Mum)
    July 3, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Awesome artwork with a wonderful array of colours! Fascinating tour of the city. I live near Richmond in Surrey, England and it is very different! Thanks for sharing on #citytripping

Lindsay
      July 6, 2016 at 9:48 am

Thanks for reading and hosting the linkup!